Re: ISDN info anyone?

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Wed, 8 Feb 1995 14:58:44 -0500

At 13:39 2/7/95, Kevin McCoy (Starwave) wrote:

>I am looking for information on hooking up a Mac to an ISDN line primarilly
>for CU-SeeMe transmissions. At this point it is one machine (either an 040
>or PPC), not a network.

Doesn't matter. Purchasing a box that lets you have a network on your side
now means you can upgrade. Purchasing a one-machine-only box means you're
schrod.

>Specifically, I'm wondering what I need to connect to the line e.g. router,
>ISDN *modem*, etc. Also, I'd like to hear about CU-SeeMe performance over
>this kind of bandwidth: 56k-64k.

Having just finished several months of research into this matter (we're
doing an ISDN centrex network all thru the Haight/Asbury) I can suggest the
Ascend Pipeline 50.

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in |
a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk |
and did the clue mating dance. - Edward Flaherty |