Re: Reflector: DEC Alpha

Christopher M Sedore (cmsedore@interrel4.case.syr.edu)
Thu, 9 Feb 1995 07:55:51 -0500

On Thu, 9 Feb 1995, Jay Arden Ashcraft wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Feb 1995, Paul S. Troutman wrote:
>

> > Jay Arden Ashcraft wrote:
> stuff deleted . . .
> > >
> > >cc -g -D_BSD -DDEBUG -DMULTI -c util.c
> > >

> > Try removing the -D_BSD and -DMULTI compiler flags from the Makefile, then
> > recompile. I'm not sure if this will work for you. A few months back someone
> > posted that they had a ported the reflector software for OSF/1...
>
> Same thing. I wonder who that was?

It was me :)

I ported the 2.0 version to OSF1 v2.0. Its available from
ftp.maxwell.syr.edu in /pub/cuseeme. I patched one of the early v3
releases, but it dropped connections after random periods of time. I
haven't had a change to retrieve the newer v3 code yet to see if the
problem goes away.

The only real problems with the v2 code are assumptions about the length of
the "long" datatype, and some oddities with sockaddr stuff.

I'm not sure when I'll get back to this. If the newer v3 code solves the
dropped connection problem, I could do the patch in a few minutes,
otherwise some debugging will be required.

-Chris