Re: Internet Phone not available...I have no info...Inet Global Phone

global2 (global2@groovy.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 19:27:27 -0500

In message <199502102036.PAA23511@bogon.tach.net> eyeon@tach.net writes:
> Don't know anything bout the PC v. of this. I wager it's made by a
> completely different co. than produces the Mac program called "NetPhone",

It is indeed...some company called VocalTech - their details are on the web
page, but you can email at info@vocaltech.com

I am wondering if there will be ports of either of these products, (ie netphone
for pc and internet phone for mac) -if that is possible, given compression
standards -I believe that Internet Phone uses some kind of Windows speech
compression said to give 14:1 compression - ie speech down to 8000bps approx.
This sounds interesting, but of course can't tell til monday. Their ftp site
is up and running at the moment - but of course -nothing in it.

Steve...

Ps. I do not work for them :-)