Re: Iphone together with CUSeeMe, WinTalk together with CUSeeMe

Collins,Richard;ContStd; (RCOLLINS@leif.ucs.mun.ca)
Thu, 16 Feb 1995 16:51:34 -0500

Speaking to one of the IPHONE developers in Israel 2 days ago I was
informed that they have talked with the CUSeeme team as early as last
summer but came to the conclusion that it was difficult to keep vid/audio
synced. My belief is that it's CU that will bottle neck at slow links
and increase delay with the lenght of the session. I choose to reduce CU
transmission rates to 15 and even 10 which kept things going. Oddly
enough, for my applications (student/teacher interaction) the picture
serves it's purpose at 1fps while allowing solid (not choppy) audio to
run via iphone. Worked for me!