Re: List server down ??

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Mon, 20 Feb 1995 20:56:59 -0500

At 21:16 2/19/95, Ramsey, James M wrote:
>I've not received anything from the list for a couple of weeks.
>Did I forget to pay my subscription fee again?

When you mysteriously stop getting mail from this list it means that your
account or site caused mail to bounce to (a) only CU, or (b) every
list-subscriber all over the planet. When this happens, the list manager
removes you from the mailing list.

In your case, I believe we started getting mail saying you were over your
mailbox quota, but I may be confusing you with someone else. (On average I
believe one person is removed per week. I myself have been yanked, when my
site decided it wanted better pay and a bigger hard disk.)

You couldn't get a clue during the clue mating season in |
a field full of horny clues if you smeared your body with clue musk |
and did the clue mating dance. - Edward Flaherty |