Re: new version???

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 20:19:14 -0800

At 16:05 2/21/95, Byron Thomason wrote:
>I've heard there is a new version for the PC.

There is. It's a "very alpha" version with some bug fixes, some new bugs,
and the ability to recieve audio.

Dick Cogger said the following:

> We have posted the next Windows version for alpha testers. This is
>NOT intended for general release at this time. It has a limited
>receive-only audio capability. Those who are on the alpha list have been
>informed about how to get it and unzip it. (It is posted on the regular
>anonymous ftp server, but the zip file requires a password to unzip. DON'T
>download it and complain about being unable to unzip if you are not on the
>alpha list.)
> If you really want to be on the alpha list, write to Rich Kennerly
>(rbk1@cornell.edu). However, we have plenty of alpha testers, and I would
>recommend you wait for a beta release. That should be in 2-3 weeks,
>depending on how the alpha testing goes.

>In what ways is it better and stuff?

It has some ability to recieve audio. It seems to be able to gather
General Protection Faults (GPFs) from several cubic kilometers around your
computer.
It keeps people that used to post requesting more Windows-version features
busy :-)

Yes, it's true: a friend of mine's computer was attacked by Mitnick. |