Re: CUSEEME Problem

Scott Butler (sydtech@winternet.mpls.mn.us)
Mon, 27 Feb 1995 15:50:56 -0600 (CST)

I've got Chameleon 4.01 and am using a PPP dialup. I've had problems with
host lookup from Winsock apps before while running on Windows for
Workgroups. My workaround for this was to connect to my shell account
using the TELNET that came with the NetManage package first. I was then
able to resolve host names with my Winsock apps.

I'm not sure why this is occurring, but maybe it's the same problem
you're having. Since I've switched to NT and am using the NT RAS client
for my PPP stuff, all my Winsock apps (including CU-SeeMe) work without
any problems.

Hope this helps a little....
Scott