Re: GPF

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil)
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 08:36:39 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, uke wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Im getting a GPF on cuseeme.exe at 000:DDB9 a minute or so after
> connection. I'm running on a Intel P90 28.8 modem. Would really
> be great to have a resolution to this problem. I did have the max
> amount of windows open and I was sending video at the time. I repeated
> the hook up several times and had the same results(after re-boot).
> I also tried it over several days thinking it might be the hook up.
> Would be great if someone had a solution.
>
> Merv

Greetings:
Let's try this:

Machine type (i.e. - Gateway?):
Operating System (i.e. - MSDOS?):
Windowing Environ (Win95, Win3.x?):
System Memory (i.e. - 8 or 16Mb?):

Have you tried trimming back your bandwidth requirements (i.e. - Xmit/Recv
mins & maxs, Max windows)? Maybe your maxing out you memory and/or your
network buffers?
Does this GPF happen at the same location (0000:DDB9) all the time, or does
this value change on occasion? This value *should* change as your software
is always loading into different locations, when run at different times. If
the value stays the same, try re-arranging some drivers in your CONFIG.SYS
(MS-DOS, only). Make sure you have atleast "BUFFERS=40", "FILES=50", and
"STACKS=9,256" in your CONFIG.SYS file!
Try your system again with these changes in mind, and let me know how things
went.

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"
"http://www.apci.net/~derskine"