Re: Contiuous reboots,wipeouts,etc...

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil)
Thu, 1 Feb 1996 09:00:13 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Marlin Fischer wrote:

> Hopefully this is not a repeat as I have only recently got on the List
> and have not seen this in FAQs. Running 486DX2-66 with 28.8, QuickCam
> under Windows 3.1, 8 RAM, using Cornell. Logging on a ref, many times I
> will get booted in a number of ways: 1. Just enough where my dialup will
> restart and log me back in and Im on again, even staying on the ref,2. My
> whole systems freezes up and I need to reboot 3. I get *totally* booted
> from everything,even Windows. Sometimes to a DOS prompt ,sometimes to a
> totally blank screen. This may happen, especially No. 1,2-3 times in
> just a few minutes. To be brief, *ANY* help would be appreciated!! ISP
> has T1 going in and says getting overflow on their end resulting in me
> geting booted ( too much signal trying to come in to me) Do I need to
> tinker with port,xmission,etc speeds more? Sorry for the long message
> Thanks in advance Marlin mfischer@datadepot.com

Greetings:
My GOD??? You must HAVE read those FAQs??? The way you wrote that message,
I could almost *see* what your problem is! You called your ISP? Some ISPs
don't like their customers sucking up bandwidth with CU-SeeMe, and will drop
the user's connection when using CU's TCP/IP ports (this is rare, though)!!!
I'm wondering if you dropped you Min & Max Xfer/Recv (Max Windows) values
in your "CUSEEME.INI" file? Let me give you what I have in my INI file:

MaxCap=30 ; Default is 80
MinCap=10 ; Default is 10
MaxRecvCap=40 ; Default is 300
MinRecvCap=10 ; Default is 14

Try these values and let us know what happens! I trust your ISP dropped
your connections because your old values were using too much bandwidth! These
new values might help you out!

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"
"http://www.apci.net/~derskine"