Re: Help?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Fri, 02 Feb 1996 00:01:57 -0600

>Date: Thu, 1 Feb 1996 09:28:48 -0600 (CST)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: "Sgt Daniel W. Erskine" <derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: Help?
>
>On Thu, 1 Feb 1996 DEANJP1@aol.com wrote:
>
>> Cuseeme
>> I have a pc 100 mhtz pentium / 16 meg ram / sound blaster clone / no video
>> capture YET.
>>
>> I get Error CREATING UDP SOCKET (10047)
>>
>> Then
>> Problem with Receiving Network Initialization
>>
>> Then
>> Unable to Create the (invisible) Network Window
>>
>> Thanks for your time and effort
>> DEAN J P 1@aol.com
>
>Greetings:
> I would hate to think you network is "firewalled"!?! Or that you have an
>ISP that frowns on its customers using CU-SeeMe-based software!?!
> These error messages do not look like CU-SeeMe (inherent) error messages.
>They look more like network-level error messages. Check with your network
>administrators (or your ISP), tell them what you've told me, and see what they
>say!
>
>Let me know what happens,

No, these messages do come from CU. I get them all the time after getting a
GPF in CU, or when my ISP has hung up the phone connection. I prefer
external modems so that I can tell right away if I'm still online or not,
and it's helpful to be able to see the transmit and receive lights.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/