Re:?? PC to PC

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 03 Feb 1996 12:12:14 -0600

>Date: Sat, 03 Feb 1996 15:41:46 +0100
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Scott deLahunta <sdela@ahk.nl>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: ?? PC to PC
>
>I have a PPP/SLIP dialup connection using Win 95 winsock to a server at the
>local university. When I log on the server assigns me a temporary IP
>address. My question: Is it possible for someone to use this IP number as
>host and connect their CUseeme running on their machine direct to my PC
>waiting in Cuseeme?
>
>Thanks in advance... Scott

They sure can. The problem here is that your ip changes every time you dial
in, so they wouldn't know your IP address unless you called or emailed them
each time. I would suggest that you meet at a predetermined reflector site
first, then exchange IP addresses, and then connect directly.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/