Re: hosts

John Osborne (josborne@magna.com.au)
Mon, 05 Feb 1996 07:21:28 +1000

Bryan Lin wrote:

> I am having trouble connecting to another user with Cuseeme. I got the
> hosts error message. I am a dial up internet user, using win95 with
> 28800 modem. I would like to know if I have to create a "hosts" file,
> and where should I have this file located. Also, do I need a fixed IP
> address to use Cuseeme? what if I got different IP address every time I
> log on.
> Please help me to solve the problem. Thanks a lot..
>
> Bryan LinBryan..
In your dial-up connection properties for your internet provider,
try checkmarking the "Log onto Network" box.
You do not need a "hosts" file nor a fixed IP address.
If, for some reason, you do want to create a "hosts" file,
put it in the C:\WINDOWS directory. There will already be a file
in there called hosts.sam which is a "sample" hosts file created by
Windows 95, but I don't need a hosts file, so you shouldn't either.
John