Re: Device allready in use. Invalid Handle.

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil)
Mon, 5 Feb 1996 16:20:30 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, Brad wrote:

> Device allready in use. Invalid Handle.
> What do these mean? Can someone help me out with this??
> And also why is the help file so TOTALLY LAME and WORTHLESS???
> It basically tells you NOTHING. And that is very irritating. I
> understand that this is free software but cu-seeme is making
> themselves look bad by putting out CRAP. I wish they would get it
> together. They've been working on this for a long time now.
> Thanks, Brad...

Greetings:
To fix your problem, we'll need more system-specific information; to include
operation system type and method of internet connection.

It would probably be VERY helpful (if not useful) if all software help-files
contained a listing of the most popular error messages and their solutions.
Unfortunately, software vendors cannot always take timeout to provide this
type of "support", especially since it takes away from their time spent fixing
these "bugs"!!! ...And, why should they when they the "loyal,brute force" of
the "CU-SeeMe Consortium" (us)! We support each other!
Also... Those _good_folks_ at Cornell-U are providing this software as a
*development package*, at their own expense (unless they're under a grant)!!!
Did you "pay" anything for this software? I hope not! You could always go to
White Pine ( URL: www.wpine.com) and _purchase_ the software AND the support!

"...cu-seeme is making themselves look bad by putting out CRAP." Actually,
they're making themselves look PRETTY DAMN GOOD, for being able to produce
this "unique" software package AND providing it for FREE!!!
...Then again, maybe you were just having a "bad hair day"...

Help us remain a "constructive" group, and help us find your software problem!

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"
"http://www.apci.net/~derskine"