Re:Device allready in use. Invalid Handle.

Ralph Howard (rhoward@ncd.com)
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 08:22:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I had the same problem with Device allreay in use. This is what I did on
my Mac 7100/80.

1. Plugged the cameria into the printer port.
2. Went to the Chooser and turned off APPLETALK.
3. Selected the fax for my printer.
4. Restarted the computer.

Then the system worked fine. I tried to use it on my power book but I
couldn't use the modem port. My power book has a built in modem, but it
ties up the port anyway. (Darn it Apple!)

Lighten up Brad. Now try this and tell us if it works.

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, Bill Woodland wrote:
<snip the header stuff>

> >Device allready in use. Invalid Handle.
> >
> >What do these mean? Can someone help me out with this??
>
> This probably means that some other program is using the driver, or that CU
> bombed and didn't release the driver back to Windows.
>
> >And also why is the help file so TOTALLY LAME and WORTHLESS???
>
> Because the programmers are too busy trying to work on the program for
> people like you and me.
>
> >It basically tells you NOTHING. And that is very irritating. I
> >understand that this is free software but cu-seeme is making
> >themselves look bad by putting out CRAP. I wish they would get it
> >together. They've been working on this for a long time now.
> >
> >Thanks, Brad...
> >

> You got a lot more than what you paid for. If you don't like it, there are
> other video conferencing programs out on the market that you can PAY for,
> and then you will have a right to complain.
>

> Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
> Squeek on Undernet IRC
> Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
> http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/