Re: CUSeeMe Nicknames

Ray Doeksen (rdoeksen@interaccess.com)
Tue, 6 Feb 1996 12:06:48 -0600 (CST)

It is too large for SimpleText. It may not be in the most logical place,
but CuSeeMe is designed to modify the nick list within itself, rather
than use an external text editor, on the Mac side. This leads me to
believe that you are a PC user who has just recently gotten a Mac to
use... congratulations on that move, by the way.

In general, you wont ever have to edit a preferences file, list of sites
or a bookmark file 'by hand' on a Mac.

You should look for the 'Edit Nicknames' menu item to do all of that sort
of work.

If, for some reason, simply attacing the file to email is not adequate
for you, you might want ot find a more robust text editor to work on that
file.

Try BBEdit from Bare Bones software. It is intended for editing large
text files, like programming. Simpletext is limited to 32K files or
smaller, and doesnt handle files in other than plain or rich/styled text
formats very well, despite being a good minimal text editor.

Ray