Re: CUSeeMe Nicknames

Stephen A. Stiner (sas@utk.edu)
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 15:20:25 -0500

>At 8:36 PM 2/9/96, Brad wrote:
>>Wouter Kurpershoek wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have trouble using the CUSeeMe Nicknamelists. I download the list
>>> but I can't open it because simpletext 'says' it's too large to
>>> open.
>>>
>>> What can I do?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Wouter IsraelThe easiest way to utilize a mass list is to import it into
>>>your cuseeme
>>ini file in the windows directory. However, I have had mixed results with
>>anything other then the numbered IP addresses when it comes to making a
>>connection.
>
>Try allocating more memory to Simpletext, and it should open.
>
>Gary

No, it won't. SimpleText is limited to file sizes of 32K bytes. It won't
open larger files no matter how much larger you make the partition. If you
have a need to open the distributed Nicknames List, you will have to use an
editor capable of larger file sizes, such as Microsoft Word or BBEdit.

Stephen

Stephen A. Stiner | Phone: (423) 974-6839
Sr. Design Technician | Fax: (423) 974-4115
The University of Tennessee | E-mail: sas@utk.edu
Chemical Engineering and |
Materials Science & Engineering |
419 Dougherty Engineering Building |