RE: [W] Re: Quickcam problems w/ ANYTHING

Adrian Smith (asmith@mbl.edu)
Fri, 16 Feb 1996 13:26:41 -0500

I said (on the CUSeeMe mailing list):

> Connectix tells me that the camera doesn't officially work under NT, but
> that people can get it running with the Win95 32-bit software.

Connectix VideoPhone support responded:

>This is NOT true. Even with 32 bit software, you will need a drivers
>written specifically for Windows NT. Again, there are currently NO Windows
>NT drivers.

Perhaps your technical support group should take a course in email
etiquette. "This is NOT true" is perhaps an inappropriate answer after the
Connectix phone support line has told me, and I quote "Some people have been
successful getting the QuickCam to work under NT using the 32-bit driver
currently available from us on our Web site".

I would appreciate a more polite response after spending $100 on your
product and 20 minutes on the phone to your technical support number. If you
do not have a Windows NT driver, learn to say that without possibly implying
a lie on the part of the person posting the message. My information is based
on *your* staff's response to my question. If that information is
inaccurate, indicate that instead of insinuating I have erred.

I have spoken to the manager of the Conenctix technical support department
who informs me that there *is* a person in tech. support who is telling
callers that the camera will work under NT, and that this will be corrected.

I apologize for copying the list, but I feel that this message from
VideoPhone support could easily be construed as insinuating a lie on my
part, and I would like this corrected.

Also, since we're on the subject, Connectix now tells me that they have no
information they can give me regarding the development of NT drivers.

Yours sincerely,

-Adrian Smith
Adrian Smith
Manager, Information Systems