Re: CU-Doodle version 0.6

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 19:52:49 -0600

>From: "Sgt Daniel W. Erskine" <derskine@apci.net>
>Subject: Re: CU-Doodle version 0.6
>
>Bill Neisius wrote:
>>
>> Version 0.6 of CU-Doodle is available:
>>
>> ftp://ftp.netcom.com/pub/ne/neisius/cudoodle.zip
>>
>> New this version:
>> CU-Doodle now works with the WhitePine Color CODEC.
>> You can, for example, mix the B/W output of your
>> QuickCam with color overlays, and send it out as color
>> CU-SeeMe.
>>
>> What is CU-Doodle?
>> CU-Doodle is a screen capture driver for Windows 3.1
>> for use with CU-SeeMe. Instead of capturing video from a
>> frame grabber or digitizing board, CU-Doodle captures whatever
>> appears in a 160x120 'capture area' on the screen.
>> A camera is not required.
>>
>> Use it to 'capture' hand-drawn images and text or other
>> video sources, by simply dragging the image to the
>> capture area.
>>
>> Bill Neisius
>> neisius@netcom.comGreetings:
> I like this program. Whenever I use it, I get (2) 160x120 capture windows,
>with the second window being active! What is causing this???
> I'm going to use this to display my "mug-shot" over CU-SeeMe as it has lower
>bandwidth!
>
>CU Later...

The second window is for an OVERLAY area. You can put a second picture
inthat frame, and under Video/source tell it to use the overlay, and it will
place the picture that is in the overlay area RIGHT ON TOP OF whatever is in
the first window.

I used CUDOODLE for the first time last night and was very impressed. It's
pretty cool. I loaded the new WP CU version 2 and selected msvideo2
(cudoodle). Then I had my QuicPic program up showing my video from the
quickcam, and moved it into the CUDOODLE frame, and of course, my video went
out just fine. I also moved someone ELSE's video window into the CUDOODLE
frame, and it sent theirs out from here.

I'm hoping that CUDOODLE will solve a problem for me. I just upgraded to
win95 and my Captivator card does not have a 32bit driver, and Videologic
isn't going to write one, either. I'm going to try using their VIDEOSNAP
program to get my COLOR picture on the screen, then move it into the
CUDOODLE frame and tell CU to transmit in color....if THIS works, then it
will solve my color problem without having to buy another vidcap board.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/