Re: Has CU-SeeMe a kamikaze protocol??

Andrew Germaine (andrewg@carfax.ims.advantis.com)
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 09:35:03 -0500 (EST)

their position probably stems from the tiny T1 line they have to the US.
a CU-SeeMe connection will generally take up as much bandwidth as the
user has into the net. Therefore if you dial in at 28.8, your CU-SeeMe
bandwidth through their net will most likely take up every bit of that
28.8kb. A T1 is 1.544mb (1.536 usable) which is 1544kb so if they let that
traffic through and 25 people try it out, thats half their T1 used for
CU-Seeme... I suggest you change providers.
A T1 cant hack it for much longer as the "need for speed" increases :)

As for it being a kamakazie protocol, well, what is that?? Cu-SeeMe uses
the UDP protocol on ports 7648 and 7649 which is quite the norm.
They probably just mean its bandwidth intensive.

Andrew J. Germaine Advantis
Technical Staff 1311 Mamaroneck Ave.
OpenNet Network 2nd Level Support Center White Plains, NY 10605
Internetworking & Multimedia Services 1-914-684-4433