Re: CUseeme vs. PwrMc 8500!

Richard (global@dircon.co.uk)
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 22:43:04 +0000

At 9:51 am 22/2/96, G. Kruse wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have recently set up my QuickCam and CU-seeme 0.83b3(PPC) software on a
>Power Mac 8500/120 and I can't get it to work. Upon connection, if I
>establish one at all, I am timed within a few seconds. In order to try
>connecting again, without getting a "no response" message, my computer
>has to be restarted. Right now all I have installed is the CU-seeme
>software-I have not installed Spigot-VDIG. I wasn't really sure what
>this extension was and whether or not I needed it,...so I didn't install
>it. I'm allocating 4000K RAM to the CU-seeme program (3750 preferred).
>SOme ideas I have thrown back and forth with a friend included possible
>Open Transport conflicts or possibly that the 8500 is a PCI based machine
>and is conflicting somehow this way. If anyone has had similar problems
>and could send along some advice, it would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Thanks a lot,

Greg

No Ram Doubler
No Open Transport use MacTCP - remove the Internet OT Extensions two of
them plus TCP/IP completely off and hiden *before* loading MacTCP
Set Xmit to 0 or 1 or 2 Min 26 Max (although White Pine propose less Max I
think 12 I use 26)
Set Receive to 0,1, or 2... I use 0...
Audio 100ms - DeltaMod
Use 0.83b3PPC (from Cornell)
Download CUSeeMe Talk also from Cornell and put in *same* Folder with CUSeeMe
0.83b3
Trash preferences
Use *Minimum* Extensions
Log onto Net before opening CUSeeMe
Freeze Video frames before using Audio..second button from right under picture
enjoy it..
let me know if probs with any of above..
best
Richard