Re:whatever happened...

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 22 Feb 1996 23:11:34 -0600

>Date: Thu, 22 Feb 96 12:13:53 EST
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: AP201027@BROWNVM.BROWN.EDU
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: whatever happened...
>
>Whatever happened to the reflector at 171.69.36.46. For the longest time, it wa
>s the only reflector I could connect to, and it was entertaining. Now, when I t
>ry to connect, I get a message saying "do not email me unless you are a couple.
>.." I think that the conference ID has been changed from "1" to something else.
> Anyone out there know what the new ID is, or how I can find out? -- Maurice

That reflector has "gone private". More and more reflectors are going
private lately, and for various reasons. Some find a nice group of friends
and use it just for them, some decide to go "exhibitionist", some are
dedicated to a particular business, etc. To gain access to these private
reflectors, the only person you should be asking about it is the person that
runs the reflector. If you're house was a reflector, would you want your
friend to share the combination to your front door?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/