Re: Problem!!!

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 09:17:59 -0800

Loh Ting Yuen wrote:
> I tried to connect to the NASA TV, I do see the screen but without sound, I
> am using the OEM soundblaster 16bit.

Greetings:
The problem is not in your sound card. It's in your method of connecting
into the internet! If you have a modem that is less than 28.8 baud, chances
are you will not get sound (assuming you can connect at the *higher* speeds)!
As expected, a direct internet connection *should* be able to produce sound.
The only other alternative is that (maybe) NASA TV doesn't send audio! Can
anybody in the "CU-SeeMe Consortium" shed light on this???

Hope this helps...

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "mailto:derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "http://www.apci.net/~derskine"