Re: Has CU-SeeMe a kamikaze protocol??

John Osborne (josborne@magna.com.au)
Sat, 24 Feb 1996 09:27:46 +1000

Elizabeth....

Exactly! Beating up the "new technology on the block" because it
is using too much of what other people think is "their bandwidth"
is a common, and selfish attitude.

One person in this newsgroup went so far to say that this technology
should be "kept in the lab". So much for the Luddites.

I don't use CUSEEME much myself (although I find it interesting) but
this constant whining from the "serious" (which I think means "anything
that doesn't stop ME from downloading/viewing what *I* want) users
is beyond tiresome.

And for you .edu .gov .mil people out there, I'm still a U.S. tax paying
U.S. citizen, who is continuing to pay for for your academic uses of
the Web, and you're probably getting that access at no charge to
yourself. I sure wish someone were paying my ISP charges.

John