RE: Has CU-SeeMe a kamikaze protocol??

Laurent-David HASSON (ldh@interlog.com)
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 18:10:31 -0500

At 14:26 02/23/96 -0600, Elizabeth S. Klein wrote:

>I don't know that I'd call CUSEEME users elitist--perhaps pioneers is
>the right term--most likely those same individuals were getting yelled
>at for using "all that bandwidth" surfing the Net with Mosaic a few
>short years ago--and now surfing is common--hummmm. . . .

Of course... Yes. I remember how my sysadmin screamed at me 5 years ago when
i discovered IRC... {:) I say elitist because not everyone uses CUSeeMe: it
does require some hardware, knowledge, and know how, that everybody does not
have. It is not difficult, but it is not as trivial as surfing is today.

I still think "elite" is more appropriate than "pioneer", but i won't get
into that discussion...

Laurent.