Re: My Reply to: My Reply to: Has CU-SeeMe a kamikaze protocol??

John Osborne (josborne@magna.com.au)
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 19:27:30 +1000

BJ.

Interesting post. I can't answer your first question but have direct
experience with the second, which was alluded to earlier in you note.
I dropped one of my ISP's for the very reason that they grew too fast
for their infrastructure. Service levels kept dropping and dropping
(and I mean measurable service levels, like how many busy signals
or no answers you get on dialup, or how many times their mail service
died and went to that big post office in the sky).

Consequently, I, like many others, voted with my pocketbook and went
to another ISP. Are they "choking up" more bandwidth? I dropped them
many months ago, but people I know that have decided to "tough it out"
with them are still unsatisfied. I suspect that the market will
correct this/them, but for some regional areas there maybe only one
choice of ISP, so you're stuck.

John