Re: Bandwith and personal vulnerablity

Laurent-David HASSON (ldh@interlog.com)
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 19:19:31 -0500

At 11:30 02/25/96 +0100, Luc Volders wrote:
>>One prime example of that, i think, is how less sex there is on CUSeeMe
>>today than there was on IRC when it was still small (5 years ago)... When i
>>first came onto IRC, i was really surprised at how sex was everywhere and
>>how the net community really appeared on IRC as a bunch of sex hungry and
>>deprived people. even though there are still funny people on CUSeeMe, i
>>perceive the sex part as being much less obvious (it still there, but not as
>>frequent).
>
>Try to tell this to all the reflector owners who are shutting their
>reflector
>down for the public due to sexual (mis)behaviour.

Interesting. This has not been my experience... I have seen indecent
behavior on refs of course... But i have never been "called" as often for a
one on one thing. his is due to the fact that people can see you, and
therefore, there is not as much "hunting" for sex as there is on IRC. Also,
in my first days on IRC, almost everything was sex... I have spent a couple
of hours on some refs without anyting sexual coming up... My personal
experience is that sex is less "everywhere" on CUSeeMe because of the
image... Makes people more vulnerable, and less prone to assume other
identities or let go their libido on line.

That's all i meant. If you think this is not an accurate perception, then
please, tell me. I will read your stuff with interest.

Laurent