Re: Bandwith and personal vulnerablity

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 26 Feb 1996 23:18:26 -0600

>Date: Mon, 26 Feb 1996 15:25:58 -0500
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Laurent-David HASSON <ldh@interlog.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: Bandwith and personal vulnerablity
>
>Just a question first... Are you French? I say that because Luc is a French
>name.
>
>I understand your point now... I did not understand what you meant at first.
>I thought that you were talking about sex stuff going on between people on
>public refs... {:) As for the exhibitionism, i have seen a few yes...
>

>I was thinking about something: How dificult would it be to have something
>like IRC channel operators on CUSeeMe? That way, if someone comes up, then
>he could be just shut off easily.
>

>Laurent.

The latest White Pines reflector code allows you to telnet in to run REFMON,
and can be configured with a password. You could use CU and telnet at the
same time, and "kill" the IP of the offending person.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe
http://www.realtime.com/~wcw/