Re: TV cards with cu-seeme?

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@apci.net)
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 12:03:33 -0800

Russell Bly (IE) wrote:
> I was using the TV500 with a ATI Video card with limited success. I had a
> choice of transmitting decent video at 16 colors 640X480, with terrible
> local video, or no transmit video with good receive video at 256 colors
> at any resolution. The problem may have had more to do with the ATI video
> card than the TV500.
> I recently switched to a Connectix camera, and it was well worth it. I
> find this camera convenient, and well suited for Cu-Seeme.
>
> On Tue, 27 Feb 1996 thomasd@nova.msfc.nasa.gov wrote:
> > All:
> > Has anyone gotten the Reveal TV500 card to work with cu-seeme, or does
> > anyone know of a card that would capture a TV signal and/or a
> > camcorder signal on a PC platform?
> >
> > Thomas:-)Greetings:
I feel for you!!! I have an ATI GX Mach64 w/2Mb VRAM! The problem is in how
the "feature connector" on the video card works. This "feature connector" is
turned off, at resolutions above 640x480x16 colors, for optimal screen display!
I know, I KNOW... this sucks for us "TV capture board" type people, but
apparently the kind folks at Advanced Technology Inc. (ATI) felt they knew their
customer base better than us!!!
For more information, here's the location for ATI:

<http://www.atitech.ca/>

I also have a more detailed reply from their tech support people that explains
this pheonomina better than I can. If anyone would like a forward copy, please
drop your request to this location:

<mailto:derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil>

Good luck all ye "ATI" users!

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "mailto:derskine@apci.net"