Re: Bandwith and personal vulnerablity

Daniel E. Gross (degross@mail.wiscnet.net)
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 10:32:28 -0600

Brian McGugan wrote:
> Now we are getting into the world of the 'personal' and people are people,
> fickle and unwilling to be themselves, or to be vulnerable. With cu they
> are forced (a little bit) into the position of either honesty or
> performance, neither of which most people want to deal with, and so...
> 'still pictures' and 'no video' are meant to represent the person they wish
> that they were, and/or the person they wish to convey to the electronic
> world...

Not at all. My only connection living in far northern Wisconsin is a lousy
one. I am forced to display a still, and possibly update it once every few
minutes or when expression changes due to the fact that my packets just won't
get out. I very often can see nothing more than shaded blocks when on a
reflector. Motion video presents a real problem to me.