Re: Cornell/Linux 4.00b3 connects with Cornell client but not with WhitePine Client

michael butler (imb@scgt.oz.au)
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 11:34:21 +1100 (EST)

Ciaran Carter writes:

>>What does this mean? If you want to run on Linux, you'll have to buy a
>>White Pine reflector. If you have a Sun laying around, or any other
>>machine with a processor that has Big Endian byte order and matches one of
>>the supported 4.00B3 builds, you can do that.

> The 4.00B3 runs fine under FreeBSD. You could build an intel based FreeBSD
> machine to run your reflector on.

It still suffers from endianness problems - you _need_ either the source to
fix this or a white pine reflector.

BTW .. if I were to licence the source for internal/research use only, are
the relevant patches available somewhere ?

michael