Re: Only slow pictures, no movements

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 03 Feb 1997 21:43:34 -0600

At 10:24 AM 1/28/97 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm trying to run CuSeeMe 0.85b1 (PPC) on my Mac Performa 5200 A/V PPC
>with a well working TV card. 8 mb ram, plus RamDoubler.It has a APM
>14.4 internal modem, port speed 57600 in the Config PPP.
>
>I gave CuSeeMe 6000 ram and use the default settings, but get only
>very slowly growing pictures, square by square, no movements.
>
>- Is this the best i could expect?
>
>I tried to download the FAQ from ftp.cu-seeme.cornell.edu, as
>given in the ReadMe basic, but Archie told me there is no such address.
>
>Eva

In a word...YES. There is a considerable amount of overhead used for the
Participants List (PL), especially when there are lots of users connected.
The bandwidth that is left over after this is all that is available for
video. A 28.8 modem makes a world of difference. BTW the port speed yuo
mentioned is the speed that the modem connects to your MAC, not the speed
that it connects to the modem at the other end of the telephone line.

Bill Woodland (Squeek)
Email, PowWow, and ICQ: wcw@bga.com
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW