Re: ISDN instead of 28.8 baud for video conference question

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 06 Feb 1997 08:38:03 -0600

At 10:42 PM 2/5/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I want to use a single channel 64kbs ISDN connection (it's half the price of
>2 channels and it's much faster than 28.8 baud), for videoconferencing on
>the internet with my PC.
>
>Please advise if you have a suggestion as to where I may find information on
>how to set up this connection and successes experienced by others.
>
>Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may offer.

As far as setting up the ISDN connection itself, talk to your internet
service provider (ISP). They should have all the info you would need.
There is nothing special you need to do with CU-SeeMe to get it to work with
ISDN, except to adjust the MAX transmit and receive settings to take
advantage of the increased bandwidth.

Bill Woodland (Squeek)
Email, PowWow, and ICQ: wcw@bga.com
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW