Re: Restrictions on transimssion rates if isdn used with

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 10 Feb 1997 23:37:36 -0600

At 12:16 PM 2/10/97 -0800, you wrote:
>> The restriction is done at the reflector. The White Pine ref has several
>> conferences, one of which is for modem users, meaning that it's max is=
set
>> to 28 or 30k. Another of their conferences allows you to transmit more=
in
>> the range of 128k or maybe even higher.
>>
>> Bill Woodland (Squeek =A9)
>> Email, PowWow, and ICQ: wcw@bga.com
>
>Can the Cornell reflector be restricted also? How do I change it if it can
>be? I am trying to open things up a bit. My transmission rates are
>horrible, both with the reflector and direct connection.
>
>The reflector is sitting on a sun 20. I am using a mac7100/80av with
>Cornell CU-SeeMe 0.85b1 (PPC), T1 connection, connectix b/w.
>
>Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>

>Brad Klein
>VolcanoWorld Online Education
>Educational Service District 112, Vancouver, WA
>360-750-7505

The Cornell reflector has the same kind of capabilities as far as limiting
the trans/recv speeds of the client. Go to this web page:

ftp://CU-SeeMe.cornell.edu/pub/CU-SeeMe/Reflector/4.00b3.dist/README.reflect
or.4.00b3.txt

and read the "------ New in 4.00B1 -------" section, number 1. This section
describes the MAX-MIN-RECV and MAX-MAX-RECV options.

URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW