How to add the reflector list to the Cornell PC version

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 10:03:54 -0600

At 04:08 PM 2/13/97 -0800, you wrote:
>My name is Nathan Swafford and im am just learning how to use=20
>Quick Cam and Cuseeme. I downloaded your list cuseme.mru but am confused=20
>as to what i need to modify in the cuseeme.ini and cannot see the list.=20
>If you have any instructions that could help me i would greatly=20
>appreciate it.
>
> Thank You.=20
> Nathan (Unclebud@mindspring.com)

First of all, the MRU file is in a .zip format so you have to unzip it.
Secondly, the MRS file works better for this...there are comments in the MRU
file which CU will end up getting out of line with the actual reflector
info. Also make sure that you don't have CU-SeeME running when you do this:

Once you have downloaded the CUMRS.ZIP file and unzipped it, you should have
a file called CUSEEME.MRS probably in the same directory that the CUMRS.ZIP
file was in. =20

Do you know how to cut and paste? Use notepad to open the cuseeme.mrs file,
and highlight everything and click on Edit/Copy. This puts a copy of
everything that you highlighted into the Windows Clipboard.

Now click on File/Open and select the cuseeme.ini file in your windows
directory. Go down to the [mru] section and highlight all of it and then
click on Edit/Paste. The old mru section should disappear and be replaced
by the new info from the cuseeme.mru file. Click on File/Exit and then
click on YES to save your changes. You startup CU-SeeMe and you will find
the new reflector list in place, ready to use.

Bill Woodland (Squeek =A9)
Email, PowWow, and ICQ: wcw@bga.com
URL:http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu/~WCW