Re: No Picture with a Color QuickCam after trying Enhanced CU-S

Ulrich Kliegis (Ulrich.Kliegis@kiel.netsurf.de)
Mon, 17 Feb 1997 21:28:32 +0100

> Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 11:27:59 -0500
> From: John Doleac <jdoleac@gte.com>
> To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
> Subject: No Picture with a Color QuickCam after trying Enhanced CU-SeeMe

> I got a new Conncetix color camera and tried it with CU-SeeMe,
> worked fine, then tried it with Enhanced CU-SeeMe. Worked with
> that, too, but now, I can not send video with (plain) CU-SeeMe. I
> get no picture at all. I can still make movies and take quickPicts,
> but nothing in the interactive application.
>
> I've tried re-installing everything, removing as much of the
> Enhanced stuff as I can find.
>
> What's wrong?

John,
did you look into the cuseeme.ini file in the windows directory (yep,
that's where that little bugger hides...

I guess it remains set to color. Unfortunately, Wp and Cornell use
the same naming convention for their competing, not 100% compatible
(see your problem!) systems.

Let us know what you find out.

Ulli
Don't flame me, I'm only the keyboard player...

Ulrich.Kliegis@kiel.netsurf.de
http://kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Ulrich.Kliegis/Welcome.html
Business:
http://home.t-online.de/home/nordcom

Ulrich G. Kliegis Phone: +49 431 331144 Fax: +49 431 331146