Re: Cu time diff

Skip (Wahoo25@m1.sprynet.com)
Wed, 19 Feb 1997 10:19:56 -0800

Doug Macduff wrote:

> Hi all, Sorry, but if it's ok, I have an abstract question on Cu-seeme?
>
> I am trying to connect with a girl from Aussy. (Australia)
> She insists the time difference is 16 hours (backwards)
> So if it's 5 pm her time, then counting backwards it should be 1 am here on
> the east coast (USA).
> Yet the email we received to each other keeps writing just after the date
> and time, +1100. does this mean we add 11 hours? When she commnicates with a
> friend in Canada, they are 16 hours (daylite savings time) difference.
> Thanks very much.
> Doug

If it is 5:15AM on 2/20/97 in Sidney, Australia, it is 1:15PM on 2/19/97
in New York and 10:15AM also on 2/19/97 here in California. Btw, there
is a Netscape plugin called Earthtime that puts clocks for different
cities all over the world on your screen. It comes in handy sometimes
(like now, for example)

Regards,

Skip