IMPORTANT NOTICE. Re: Changed price for 56.6 Sporster upgrade

Ron Elkayam (relkay01@fiu.edu)
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:29:20 -0500 (EST)

I hope nobody is going to give me this deal about this being unrelated to
CU-Seeme. Bandwith expansion is DIRECTLY related to CU-SeeMe and is the
#1 concern of all videoconference users. Here's my message to USR
support. Most of what I wrote there is true, though in retrospect I
believe they did say that there was an expiration date for that $7 deal -
2/15/97. I just completely forgot about signing-up before that date.

And I still think $60 is outragous, if not illegal. Is it Illegal to
charge $60 for an upgrade after promising it'll be a "nominal fee"?
Isn't this false advertisement/public deceiption? I think a Jury would
buy this argument and I'll have no problem taking them to small claim
court if I have to (if they don't give me a better deal, that is). I
don't know if it's worth it, though... Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ron