Re: Cheap QuickCams

Jacqueline Chados (jackie@sria.com)
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 10:49:51 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Mark L. Bardenwerper wrote:

> How's this for a good price on Connectix QuickCams?
> $69.99 for factory refurbished B&W's.
> $159.99 for Factory refurbished color.

These are lousy prices when you can get a brand new B/W for $75 and a
brand new color for $179.

But they are even more lousy when you consider that you can get a far
superior color camera - the Compro D-CAM (my favorite), for $179. I got
mine at www.chest.com/value, and you can also find them in some of the
catalogs now. I got mine when they were still more expensive than the
connectix toy camera. Now that the prices are the same, it's a no-brainer
which one to choose. The Compro works noticeably better.

> Surplus Direct <HTTP://WWW.SURPLUSDIRECT.COM>

This site really sucks!

Not only do they offer nothing but obsolete junk,
but they try to shove a cookie down you throat EVERY time you click on a
link. Since I don't do cookies, I won't do this site again.

Regards,
Jackie