Re: Snappy Video Capture

Si Ballenger (sballen@cetlink.net)
Mon, 02 Feb 1998 18:41:29 -0500

At 10:42 AM 2/2/98 -0800, you wrote:
>It seems I read in the volumes of material that Snappy Video capture
>boards will NOT work with CU.. Before I run out and spend $99 on the
>Connctix camera, I'd like to know if the Snappy camera board can be
>adapted. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If you already have a camera (must have if you are going to use the snappy),
don't mind opening your computer, and have an open slot, then a capture card
would be the way to go (Philips/winnov OEM video cards are selling on the
net for <$50). If you don't want to open the case or have a laptop, then you
might want to look at the zipshot (www.zipshot.com), or at a new gizmo from
connectix that appearantly allows the use of a camcorder. Snappy reportedly
has developed software to allow video conferencing, but it seems to be
vaporware at the present.