Re: CUSEEME 32bit

Mon, 2 Feb 1998 21:44:56 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 3 Feb 1998, Trevor Sim Chee Yong wrote:
> I'm using a free copy of CUSEEME 32bit from WhitePine. Everytime when I
> disconnect from any Refs or individual connections and tried to connect
> to a different IP address, I encountered GPF. And I've got to reboot my
> PC.

As far as I know, there is no "free copy" of Enhanced CU-SeeMe...There is
a demo though that times out after 15 minutes.

A GPF from a White Pine product? Say it isn't so :)
Which version is it? Only thing I can suggest is to grab 3.1 or 2.1.1 if
you can dig it up. I've heard of some reports of 3.1 not working after
installing IE4.0. DO you have a capture card driver? What type?

Make sure you have recent versions of MFC42.DLL and the other MFC files..I
recall someone else recently having a huge problem with MFC42.DLL and
finding one that worked without GPF'ing.

> Is this a bug in the free shareware copy?? Is there patch available or
> could anyone offer a better solution??

You can always try the FREE version from Cornell and see how it works for
you... http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu If it doesn't work for you, it only
cost you a few minutes and 250K of hard drive space (unlike CU 3.1)