Re: Problem using cuseeme, PowerMac, Connectix cam. How?

Jonathan Crellin (crellinj@sis.port.ac.uk)
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 11:10:36 +0000

> Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 19:21:36 -0500
> From: "David S. Bennahum" <davidsol@panix.com>
> To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
> Subject: Problem using cuseeme, PowerMac, Connectix cam. How?

> Folks:
>
> I recently acquired a Connectix QuickCam for macintosh, the color one, hooked it up, downloaded CU-SeeMe 0.87b3 (PPC), ran it, and promptly got no image from my camera in CU-SeeMe. Now I know that in>
> Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks!
>
> best,
> /d

This may work

Trash the CU-SeeMe Preferences file in the preferences folder in the
system folder. I find that CU gets confused, and won't recognise any
digitiser as being present, but getting rid of preferences resets it
so that it works OK, and you can choose between available digitisers
again.

Jonathan

Name : Dr. Jonathan Crellin
Position : Senior Lecturer
Department : Department of Information Science
University : University of Portsmouth
Phone : 01705-84-4291
Email : crellinj@sis.port.ac.uk
WWW : http://www.sis.port.ac.uk/~crellinj/