Re: Audio problems with Mac G3 and CU-SeeMe 0.87b3

Chris Silverberg (spidercrs@megsinet.net)
Fri, 30 Jan 1998 19:49:02 -0500

At 4:36 PM -0500 on 2/3/98, Tom Shellhammer wrote:

> I have installed CU-SeeMe 0.87b3 (PPC) on a Mac G3 and I am experiencing
> audio problems - basically, I cannot send audio . . . or those to whom I am
> connected are not receiving my audio signal.

Tom,

Although you didn't specifically mention, I assume that you may be running
MacOS 8.1. A number of folks have reported the same problem and the
Cornell team is working on the problem, so expect to see a revision in the
future.

On a side note, you _may_ be able to get outgoing audio to work if you
change your "Sound Output" in the Monitors & Sounds control panel from 44K
to 22K. For some reason, in MacOS 8.1 the sound input and output sampling
rates seem to be tied together and its the higher speed of 44k that is
causing problems for CU-SeeMe. The two lower speeds should work fine,
although the disadvantage is all your outgoing audio will be of lesser
quality. But for a temporary work around, perhaps that tidbit will be
useful to you.

Take care,
Chris

Chris Silverberg Visit my homepage at: