Re: new member

Mon, 9 Feb 1998 13:21:47 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 9 Feb 1998, David Doonan wrote:
> I am new to this list. Been using cu-seeme for a little while with a
> friend whom lives nearby and I would love to set my parents up with this
> down in North Carolina but . . . I am running a cable modem with a
> permanent IP address. They have no provider yet, but will probably get
> AOL. Will cu-seeme work with this type of connection?

That will work..assuming they are using AOL 3.0...how well it will work
depends on how oversubscribed AOL is in North Carolina.

Check thelist at http://thelist.internet.com/ for another ISP in North
Carolina. Getting CU to work well on AOL (or any ISP that's as
oversubscribed as AOL) can be a real nightmare. CU needs all the
bandwidth you can give it..in the case of AOL, that may only be 9-10kbps
at peak times.

> Hope I'm not the millon person to have posted this question.

Nope...not that I know of anyway :)