Re: new member

Scott Breseke (halo@dnai.com)
Mon, 09 Feb 1998 16:29:41 -0800

At 10:11 AM 2/9/98 +0000, David Doonan wrote:
>Hi everyone.
>
>I am new to this list. Been using cu-seeme for a little while with a
>friend whom lives nearby and I would love to set my parents up with this
>down in North Carolina but . . . I am running a cable modem with a
>permanent IP address. They have no provider yet, but will probably get
>AOL. Will cu-seeme work with this type of connection?
>
>Hope I'm not the millon person to have posted this question.
>
>thanks,
>
>--
>David Doonan
>ddoonan1@nycap.rr.com
>http://home.nycap.rr.com/dadoonans/
>IP address 204.210.176.42
>
>Greenwich, New York
>. . . The best small town in the world!
>=20
>=20

Hi David......it's been my experience on CU that AOL is absolutely the
slowest possible ISP for doing CU. CU needs much speed and AOL is worst to
provide that since they have so many users and their servers are so
busy...........Very often a new user will come onto a reflector I'm on and
ask for help cuz the program isn't working well for them.......I take one
look at their rates and they're real low.......I ask them......"Do u have
AOL?" .......and they always say "Yes"............better to try any other
ISP.........Earthlink is a national one that is fast for CU.........

Just my two =A2

Scott =20