Re: 386 & 486 CUSM Settings

Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:48:50 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998, Pastor Chris M. Farmer wrote:
> Jason, I tried your settings and they seemed to work pretty good with
> the people I talked with.

Like I've always said...audio DOES work...just have to massage it a bit :)
(And I still dislike the reflector operators which boot anyone using
audio...The audio for any one participant can be shut off just like the
vid, so the "wasting bandwidth" idea doesn't make sense.)

> The CUSM is Cornell 0.84b7 on win 3.11 and win 95 operating systems. I
> appreciated your help! 8)

Just a hint...If you're on Win95, use the updated Cornell 0.92b2
version..It's MUCH improved over the 0.84b7 version. And unlike White
Pine's product, it's backward compatible with the earlier 0.84b7 version.

> > max send 28
> > min send 10
> > max recieve 40

I guess that depends on what your bandwidth is...but with a max receive of
40, you may end up getting disconnected if you open lots of people's vid
and you're only on a 28.8kbps modem.

> > trumpet winsock
> > maxmtu 576

I've always figured an mtu of 1500 would be much better (fewer fragmented
packets assuming each router along the way supports an MTU of 1500).