Re: Am I the only one not able to send out audio?

Sat, 14 Feb 1998 18:06:11 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 14 Feb 1998, Ray Gannon wrote:
> I don't think this is going to help though. I had no such crashing problems with
> my old 7100/80 but the sound was still choppy most of the time. The UDP method
> is just not reliable and the CODEC's are really out dated. If sound is really
> important to you, consider iVisit.

It sounds more like you don't have much bandwidth available to you.
iVisit uses UDP as well, but their codec only eats up 8kbps. Their Lucent
Technologies codec doesn't seem to work well for me...Whatever works best
I guess.

If you think 16kbps audio over UDP is horrible, 16kbps over TCP would be
even worse :)