Re: Reflector Scanner

Si Ballenger (sballen@cetlink.net)
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 00:48:48 -0500

At 06:35 PM 2/14/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Yeah...forgot about that...The list of private refs that can't be added is
>continuing to grow. Since there usually aren't that many refs added, I
>can usually move them to the private ref list within a day of it being
>added.
>
>The odd thing about it now..is I'm getting REQUESTS to add private
>reflectors to the list. It seems they want me to advertise their URL even
>though they don't allow the non-paying public to connect to their
>reflector.

The word from the non-paying public (maybe only one) is to drop the private
refs from the list, or just have a seperate list for them. If you are
getting $$$ from them to help keep the scanner in operation, then I can
understand having them. It is a bit annoying looking for new refs and to
keep running into "private" ones. If they are private, then the members must
certainly already know the IP address. Then again I can just continue to cut
them from the phone book list when they appear.