Re: quickcam and snappy & printer

Si Ballenger (sballen@cetlink.net)
Sun, 15 Feb 1998 01:01:12 -0500

At 04:13 PM 2/14/98 PST, you wrote:
>I have a Win95 system with a quickcam B&W together with a printer hooked
>to a A/B switch box. It works great. Never had a problem.
>What I want to get is the new snappy for $99 but do any of you think it
>will cause a problem with my 2 current parallels right now?
>
>How would I plug in the snappy device? Thanks all

I use to run a similar setup. I added a card that had a second printer port
to connect the A/B box to. Had the snappy and the quickcam there. Currently
the only way to use the snappy with cuseeme is to use cudoodle. Snappy
supposidly has new software with the delux version to allow video
conferencing (and cuseeme i would guess), but have not found anyone yet that
has the new software to say that it actually works. Using cudoodle has some
drawbacks. Snappy mades good captures from video sources, but isn't to be
recomended at this time for video conference use.