Re: quickcam and snappy & printer

Sun, 15 Feb 1998 14:12:23 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Si Ballenger wrote:
> Currently the only way to use the snappy with cuseeme is to use
> cudoodle.

Which is the main reason going with a capture card would be much more
beneficial. It's a win-win situation. You get to make great quality
stills, use CU-SeeMe and other videoconferencing apps with it, and frees
up a parallel port. And capture cards are fairly cheap now as well.
Winnov has a $99 card out. If you look around at garage sales, should be
able to pick up something much cheaper that does the job. I picked up a
used STB TV/PCI card for $25.

The only real advantage I see to using the snappy is for portability...If
you use multiple systems a lot and need the use a frame grabber, it would
come in handy.