Re: Video input cards?

Rob White (rwhite1975@texoma.net)
Mon, 16 Feb 1998 13:54:00 -0600

Jason Williams wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 1998, Giorgio Gomelsky wrote:
> > Not sure that the card is compatible with CuSeeMe - perhaps someone knows -
> > but I noticed that Onsale online auction ( http://www.onsale.com)
> > had some 15 or so Philips Videum AV which went for an $59 (!
>
> It's compatible with CU...the Phillips card is actually a Winnov card
> (Winnov Videum AV) but without the tech support from Winnov. As long as
> you can get the latest Winnov drivers for it, it should work just fine.
>
> --
> streak@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu * Jason Williams -- Austin, Tx. | |
> streak@mail.utexas.edu * University of Texas at Austin | ___ |
> streak@cs.utexas.edu * BS Computer Science \_|_/
> *************** http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~streak/ **************|
The cards in question do work with the latest drivers and they are
primo..mine was under $40.....another lurking bargain to look for is the
Packard Bell Topsight Camera....it's actually a Winnov Conf. Pro....have
less than $100 in my card and camera and am thrilled with the results.
The Phillips drivers were a problem though....didn't work for diddley.
Phillips is no longer providing support either...